Fixed induction heater
Safe and easy bearing removal in just 3 minutes
The fixed size EAZ induction heaters are designed to safely and easily dismount cylindrical roller bearing inner rings, which are often mounted with a very tight interference fit. Heating the inner ring rapidly loosens the fit, as the shaft remains cool, enabling the ring to be removed without causing damage to the shaft or inner ring. With easy-to-use fixed size EAZ induction heaters, three minutes are usually enough time to professionally dismount cylindrical roller bearing inner rings or similar components.
- Control cabinets from SKF provide the necessary power to run fixed size EAZ heaters and are available with various voltages to operate EAZ heaters in almost any country. Special versions of the control cabinets are available that enable up to three EAZ heaters to be used simultaneously.
- In light section mills, rod wire mills or railway applications, EAZ heaters can often dismount cylindrical roller bearing inner rings with one or more rows of rollers or multiple inner rings at the same time.
- EAZ induction heaters can also be used to dismount non-bearing elements like sleeves or rings.
Cylindrical roller bearings are essential machine components for applications in steel, railway and other industries. In many cases cylindrical roller bearings experience harsh operating conditions and need to be replaced frequently. Fixed size EAZ heaters and corresponding control cabinets are one SKF dismounting solution that supports fast, easy and safe dismounting of cylindrical roller bearing inner rings and similar components.
Features and benefits
- Reduced time to remove bearings
- Only one person is required
- Increased production time
- Available in different voltage versions
- Bearings can be reused
|Examples of EAZ heater designations|
|Designation||Inner ring dimension (mm)|
|Please, add corresponding F dimension as a suffix to the designation when ordering (e.g. EAZ F312MV).|
|LV||Low voltage||190 to 230 V|
|MV||Medium voltage||400 to 480 V|
|HV||High voltage||500 to 575 V|
|HVC||High voltage, CSA ready||575 V|
|Add corresponding class as a suffix to the designation when ordering (e.g. EAZ F312MV).|
|Control cabinet versions|
|SS||1x fixed EAZ||max. 250 A|
|SSD||2x fixed EAZ||max. 350 A|
|SST||3x fixed EAZ|
|Add corresponding cabinet version to the designation when ordering (e.g. SSD C350B).|
|Control cabinet base voltage and frequency code|
|A||230 V||50 Hz|
|B||400 V||50 Hz|
|C||460 V||60 Hz|
|E||575 V||60 Hz|
|Add corresponding control cabinet voltage and frequency code as a suffix to the designation when ordering (e.g. SSD C350B).|
|EAZ F-CC13M||Control cable, cabinet to EAZ coil, 13m with connectors|
|EAZ F-CC10M||Control cable, cabinet to EAZ coil, 10m with connectors|
Fixed size EAZ heaters are customised SKF Induction Heaters for dismounting cylindrical roller bearing inner rings. Please contact SKF to assist you in finding an EAZ heater that suits your application. EAZ heaters are supplied without a control cabinet. SKF control cabinets are required to operate the fixed size EAZ heater and can be ordered separately.