SKF Energy Efficient deep groove ball bearings
With bearings being a relatively small share of the construction costs of a conveyor, the benefits are accounted for during conveyor operations. Taking into account the sheer number and operating hours of idle rollers in bulk conveyors, even a small energy saving may offer significant cost reductions.
SKF Energy Efficient deep groove ball bearings may also offer benefits to web transport systems where reduced torque is desired.
- Electric motors
- Other applications of medium or light loads are possible
- Lower energy consumption for end customers
- Enables easier building of higher efficiency machinery
- Reduced operating temperature results in increased viscosity that can extend bearing life
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Optimized internal geometry
- Low noise, low torque, long-lasting grease
- Unique polymer cage design
Optimized to increase service life and reduce energy use
As part of the SKF EnCompass Field Performance Programme, SKF Energy Efficient (E2) bearings have been optimized for reduced energy use, increased service life and reduced total cost of ownership in many industrial applications.
SKF E2 deep groove ball bearings can provide more than twice the service life, while reducing frictional losses in the bearing by at least 30% when compared to the same size SKF Explorer bearing (
A wider range of energy-saving, low-friction options
With bore sizes from 5 to 80 mm, SKF offers an extended catalogue range of shielded and sealed SKF E2 deep groove ball bearings in order to cover a larger range of application requirements, e.g. enabling them to be used on vertical shafts as well as other applications where contamination is a real concern.