Clevedon sourced lined bearings have many distinctive and valuable advantages which provide solutions to a variety of difficult applications. These advantages are as follows:
- Operation without lubrication whilst tolerating many lubricating and non-lubricating fluids
- A low coefficient of friction
- A very high bearing stress to mass ratio
- A high resistance to fatigue and impulse loads
- Operational over a temperature range outside the scope of most lubricants
- A high resistance to wear
- Long life without maintenance
- High reliability
- Freedom from stick slip, fretting and brinelling
- High tolerance to ingested solid and liquid contaminants
- Controlled pre-load in self-aligning types
In addition to special bearings designed and manufactured to meet particular or rigorous applications the Clevedon facility also supplies a wide range of standard bearings manufactured in accordance with national and international specifications.
In addition to the standard ranges of bearings in the design manual, Clevedon has long been regarded as a primary source of specialised bearings and bearing assemblies by European industry for both military and civil projects. Special bearings can be simple variations of standard parts or sophisticated assemblies especially designed to utilise the unique properties of Clevedon’s sourced materials and the expertise of its design and production engineers, for particularly rigorous applications. At all stages the customer is considered to be the design authority, our design personnel and application engineers work closely with customers to ensure requirements are met.
Assistance in selecting the most suitable combination of materials, bearing liners, and product configurations for an application is readily available from the Clevedon design office.
Customer supplied parts can also have our special liners bonded onto them, so that all sliding contact applications can be considered.