Let’s Talk: Future Materials
Game changers for industryWe are still in the steel age, but digital manufacturing technology like 3D printing will be a game changer for industry. New materials, like polymers, composites, ceramics and other metals are actively being developed, but mostly to be significant complements to steel.
Watch the video to learn more. Then share your knowledge in social media using #LetsTalkFutureMaterials.
Let’s Talk Future Materials
Here are the different topics covered:
- Status of steel – its current role and new steel research
- Materials technology - why alternative materials are needed, where they’re used, benefits
- Industry and academia – closing the gap on collaboration
- Game changers for designers – 3D printing, mass-customization, other materials engineering
- Sustainability – lifecycle of components, reuse of ceramics
- 5-10 year vision – future of steel, alloys, ceramics, polymers
- Q&A – recycling & refurbishment, reducing weight of steel, bottom-up manufacturing