SKF Food Line Y-bearing units
Maintenance-free bearing units designed for the wet, humid, contaminating environments of the food and beverage processing industryIn the food and beverage processing environment, high pressure washing with hot water and caustic agents creates a variety of reliability problems. Lubricants can be washed out and corrosion can occur creating flaking and possible contamination.
These combined effects result in reduced bearing service life and increased maintenance costs.
SKF Food Line Y-bearing units offer a maintenance-free solution that enables increased productivity and reduced costs. Once installed, the units require no re-lubrication.
New range includes:
- Corrosion-resistant insert bearings, in stainless steel or zinc coated materials
- Food-grade grease, NSF H1 approved
- High-performance sealing system, which keep detergent, water and other contaminants out of the bearing cavity
- Effective end cover, tested to withstand 100 bar pressure wash
- Three different housing materials: composite, cast stainless steel and zinc-coated cast iron
- Increased productivity by eliminating lubrication downtime
- Improved foreign body prevention with no dripping grease or purge contamination
- Reduced grease use and thus environmental impact
- Eliminated risk of lubrication points missed through human error
- Corrosion resistant through virtually all washdown conditions
- Improved bacteria elimination design
- Wide dimensional range, available in metric and inch sizes
- Suitable for use in conveyors, sorters, sizers, presses, augers, brush washers, and all washdown areas