Sealed SKF Explorer spherical roller bearings
Improved reliability, a longer bearing service life and environmentally friendlySealed SKF spherical roller bearings are designed for applications where there are high demands on cleanliness or high levels of contamination, heavy radial loads and misalignment.
Customer benefits include:
- Increased uptime
- Longer bearing service life
- Eliminates the need for expensive relubrication systems
- Reduced grease consumption and disposal cost
- Environmentally friendly
- Reduced need for maintenance
- Improved worker safety
The SKF three-barrier solution for harsh operating environments
This environmentally friendly, cost-effective bundle of products can extend bearing service life without complicated and expensive sealing arrangements.
The effectiveness of this solution is in its simplicity. It protects the bearing during assembly and operation.
1. SKF L-seals or S-seals - These standard, cost-effective housing seals are characterised by their ability to prevent the ingress of contaminants.
2. Housing grease - SKF recommends filling the housing with SKF LGGB 2 grease to act as a contamination barrier. This biodegradable, environmentally-friendly grease is an excellent alternative to filling the housing with bearing grease.
3. Integral bearing seals - These very effective seals keep the high quality bearing lubricant in and contaminants out of the bearing cavity.