SKF Electronic Steering Input Unit
The SKF Electronic Steering Input Unit is a mechatronic solution with integrated Electronic Control Unit (ECU), embedded software and CAN bus interface, which can replace the traditional steering column offering a robust steering input function to be fitted in both electro-hydraulic and electro-mechanic steer-by-wire systems.
The solution translates the steering wheel's rotational movement into safe digital information on the CAN bus, offering a resistive steering feedback with redundant control. Engineered to withstand severe operating conditions and tested to fulfill the severe steering input requirements for marine and off-highway segments, these units have passed an extensive set of mechanical, environmental and electrical tests.
- Redundant position signal for steering wheel
- Controllable resistive steering feedback with redundant command
- Compact design
- Contactless sensors
- Enables more ergonomic vehicle interior design
- Enables more accurate, comfortable and safe steering for better vehicle manoeuvrability
Integrated and virtually maintenance free technology reduces cost of ownership
- Resistive feedback torque: 0,3 – 12 Nm
- Max static axial force: 1500 N
- Max steering speed: 180 r/min
- Supply Voltage: 10V – 36 V DC
- Ambient operating temperature: –40° to +85°
- Protection Level: IP 67