Shaft alignment tool TKSA 11
New technology makes shaft alignment easier and more affordable
The SKF TKSA 11 is an innovative shaft alignment tool that uses smartphones and tablets and intuitively guides the user through the shaft alignment process.. With a focus on the core alignment tasks, the TKSA 11 is designed to be a very easy-to-use instrument is especially suitable for alignment learners and compact applications. The SKF TKSA 11 is the first instrument on the market that uses inductive proximity sensors, enabling accurate and reliable shaft alignment to be affordable for every budget.
Demonstration video TKSA 11
Features and benefits
- Live view of the instrument and motor position makes the measurement and horizontal alignment intuitive and easy
- The TKSA 11 app offers a fully functional demonstration mode allowing the complete alignment process to be experienced without the need to purchase the TKSA 11
- The TKSA 11 is designed to give a fast return on its investment and is also affordable for almost every budget
- Mobile devices allow high resolution graphics, intuitive usage, automatic software updates and display unit choice
- By using inductive proximity sensors, the measurement is no longer affected by bright sunlight, the influence of backlash is reduced and the instrument becomes more robust. All enabling the TKSA 11 to deliver accurate and reliable shaft alignments
Automatic alignment reports give a complete overview of the alignment process and results. Reports can easily be shared via email or cloud services
Shaft alignment is recommended for almost every industry, as it enables machine uptime to be significantly improved and maintenance costs to be reduced.
The TKSA 11 focuses on industries where these shaft alignment benefits have not yet been realised and helps customers profit from correctly aligned shafts.
The TKSA 11 App is available for free in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Just search for “SKF TKSA 11” or follow the QR code and try the alignment process with the fully functional demonstration mode.
The SKF Shaft Alignment Tool TKSA 11 is supplied in an SKF carrying case (fig. 1)
Technical data Designation TKSA 11 Sensors and communication 2x inductive proximity sensors; electronic inclinometer; Bluetooth 4.0 LE System measuring distance 0 to 185 mm (0 to 7.3 in) between brackets, three reference bars included Measuring errors / Displayed resolution Less than 2% / 10 µm (0.4 mils) Compatible operating devices * Ipod Touch 5th generation recommended,
Iphone 4S, Iphone 5, Ipad Mini, Ipad 3rd generation or above
Galaxy S4 (recommended phone), Galaxy Tab Active (recommended tablet),
Smart-Ex 01 (Smart-Ex 01)
Operating system requirements Apple iOS 7 and above or Android OS 4.4.2 and above with hardware support
for Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth smart and Open GL 2.0
Software/App update "Shaft Alignment Tool TKSA 11" via Apple AppStore or on Google Play Store Shaft diameters 20 to 160 mm (0.8 to 6.3 in), up to 320 mm (12.6 in) with optional extension chains Max. recommended coupling height 55 mm (2.2 in), up to 175 mm (6.8 in) with optional extension rods Alignment measurement three position measurement (9-12-3) Alignment correction vertical with shims, horizontal with live view Alignment report Automatic PDF report MU battery up to 18 hours continuous operation
(1900 mAh rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery)
Carrying case dimensions 360 x 110 x 260 mm (14.2 x 4.3 x 10.2 in.) Total weight (incl. case) 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs) Operating temperature 0 °C to +45 °C (32 to 113 °F) IP rating IP54 for the measuring unit (IP67 for the probes) Calibration certificate Supplied with 2 years validity * No display device included