Induction heaters for non-bearing applications
TIH L MB series
The induction heaters TIH L MB are specially designed to heat solid workpieces such as rings, sleeves, gears, couplings, bushings and pulleys, as well as train wheels, tires or similar components. Featuring one magnetic coil in the center, these powerful and durable heaters localize the heating in the workpiece bore for superior performance on solid components.
- The TIH L MB series provides the following advantages for quick and effective heating of solid workpieces:
- Simple and safe operation with remote-control and power level selection
- Superior heating performance for solid workpieces with low energy consumption
- Quick and easy placement of solid components with sliding yoke
- Automatic demagnetization reduces risk of ferrous debris contamination
- Easy handling and transport with standard forklift
Advice: The TIH L MB series heaters are designed for induction heating of solid, non-bearing components. For bearing-heating applications, we recommend the use of equivalent TIH L series heaters.
Technical data, accessories and spare parts
Technical data Designation TIH L33MB Maximum workpiece weight 350 kg (772 lb) Bore diameter range 115–700 mm (4.5–27.6 in.) Operating area (w × h) 330 × 320 mm (13.0 × 12.6 in.) Coil diameter 150 mm (5.9 in.) Standard yokes (included) to suit workpiece minimum bore diameter 115 mm (4.5 in.) Max. power consumption TIH L33MB/MV: 15 kVA
TIH L33MB/LV: 15 kVA
200–240 V/50–60 Hz
400–460 V/50–60 Hz
Temperature control 0–250 °C (32–482 °F); in steps of 1° Time control 0–120 minutes; in steps of 0,1 minute Demagnetisation according to SKF norms <2A/cm Maximum heating temperature ** 250 °C (482 °F) Dimensions (w × d × h) 400 × 743 × 550 mm (15.8 × 29.3 × 21.7 in.) Weight 140 kg (309 lb)
* Some special voltage versions (e.g. 575V, 60Hz CSA ready) are available for specific countries. For additional information, please contact your local SKF authorised distributor.
** Depending on bearing or work piece weight. For higher temperatures please contact SKF.