Hub bearing unit 1
Hub Ones – top performers since the '60s
Our first generation of hub bearing units have been delivering top performance and earning top market share for decades. HBU1 was actually developed in the late ‘60s in response to automotive industry interest in pre-adjusted wheel bearing assemblies.
Small-medium car driven wheel applications
Today, HBU1 remains our most widely used hub bearing units worldwide. Historically the preferred choice for small-medium car driven wheel applications, Hub Ones are also found in integral drum designs on the non-driven wheels of smaller cars.
Double row angular contact design
Hub bearing unit 1 features a double row angular contact ball bearing with matched rings and ball-sets to provide the required axial clearance. Contact angles are optimized to provide specific preload and withstand specific wheel load condition. Key features include:
- Optimized to handle moment loads applied to the bearing during cornering
- Cages made from glass fibre reinforced polyamide
- Sealed for life with high performance, application-specific grease
- Different seal designs available for different wheel bearing arrangements
- Available with ABS impulse ring mounted on the rotating ring
HBU1T: When assembly space is at a premium
HBU1T brings the functionality of Hub Ones into limited spaces. HBU1T design features a very compact tapered bearing unit in place of the double row bearing in Hub Ones.