Principles of rolling bearing selection
When selecting bearings for any purpose, ultimately you want to be certain of achieving the required level of equipment performance, and robustness, at the lowest possible cost.
There are key factors you must consider when putting together the bearing specifications for an application. To help you evaluate these key factors, we provide our recommended selection process, as well as supporting information and examples.
In this section you can find:
general bearing knowledge, which includes:
- general information on rolling bearings that you should know
- information for identifying and determining bearing tolerances
- advice on how to deal with SKF bearings and how to administer them while in storage
- bearing selection process, which is our straightforward guide, containing clearly defined and named steps, to help you analyse your application and determine your bearing solution
- bearing selection examples, which show the bearing selection process applied to various machines and application cases
Contact the SKF application engineering service through your local SKF representative if you have any questions, or require any assistance, when using the bearing selection process guidelines or information here and in the product sections.