Bearing Maintenance and Technology
WE201This course uses a combination of hands-on training, audio visuals, lectures and discussion opportunities to deliver critical information on installing and maintaining rolling element bearings in rotating machinery.
Course objectivesThe course objective is to teach the attendee how to improve the service life of rolling bearings, which improves the reliability of rotating equipment.
- Service, maintenance, machine repair, or plant/facility engineering staff of an industrial plant, OEM facility, institution, public utility or commercial building which uses rotating equipment
- Managers and technicians at industrial plants and OEM facilities responsible for rotating equipment performance and reliability
- Rotating equipment engineers, reliability engineers, millwrights, mechanics, and maintenance supervisors
- Those interested in rotating equipment performance
PrerequisitesParticipants should have an understanding of industrial safety. A fundamental knowledge of and ability to use basic hand-tools is required.
- GRB001 Bearing basics
- GRB006 Deep Grove Ball Bearings
- RB02002 Bearing Basics
- GS04012 Bearing Dismounting Methods
- RB02017 Tips for Bearing Mounting
- RMI03003 Proper bearing handling and storage
* On-line learning material at http://www.skf.com/us/knowledge-centre/elearning/index.html