Bearing in Rotating Machinery Applications
WE202This course focuses on the four most common types of rotating equipment: motors, fans, pumps and gearboxes using a system approach to machinery life extension. Familiar machinery is used as a starting point to teach/learn world-class techniques for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair that can be carried over to all types of rotating machines.
Instruction is accomplished using a combination of hands-on training, audio visuals, lectures and discussion opportunities.
Course objectivesThe course objective is to teach the attendee how to improve the service life of machinery with rotating equipment systems.
- Service, maintenance, machine repair, or plant/facility engineering staff of an industrial plant, OEM facility, institution, public utility or commercial building which uses rolling bearings and related equipment
- Managers and technicians at industrial plants and OEM facilities responsible for rolling bearing performance and reliability
- Rotating equipment engineers, reliability engineers, millwrights, mechanics, and maintenance supervisors
- Those interested in rolling bearing and rotating equipment performance
Participants should have an understanding of industrial safety. A fundamental knowledge of, and ability to use, basic hand tools is recommended to participate in hands-on activities.
- GRB002 Spherical roller bearings
- GRB003 Angular contact ball bearings
- GRB006 Deep groove ball bearings
- SKF_5230 Rolling Bearings in Electrical Motors and Generators
- SKF100955_1 Rolling Bearings in Centrifugal Pumps
* On-line learning material at http://www.skf.com/us/knowledge-centre/elearning/index.html