Machine Lubricant Analyst—Level 1
This 4-day course establishes the role of lubricant analysis for improving machine reliability. Each day includes vocabulary lists for new concepts and open-ended questions. Time is provided in class to complete about half of the questions. The remainder are to be completed during private study time after class. A post-course practice exam is provided at the end of day 4 to help gauge level of preparation for the certification.
The course objectives include the following:
- Establish the role of lubricant analysis for improving machine reliability
- Provide an overview of lubricant construction and the general principles involved in lubricant selection for typical plant machinery
- Preview handling, application and contamination control strategies to improve machine performance
- Provide a thorough introduction to the principles of Lubricant Analysis, including a review of methods to analyze lubricant health, lubricant contamination conditions and machine wear debris.
- Introduce appropriate methods to collect samples as the first step in lubricant based machine condition assessment