SKF Cooper split bearings
Simple to install, inspect or removeSplit to the shaft bearings disassemble into smaller components easing the tasks of lifting and handling and making assembly or change-out simple in even the most cramped positions. Clearances are pre-set so no on-board adjustment is needed and no specialist fitting tools are required.
Our long experience in the requirements of the marine segment means that the standard product can incorporate a range of customised features to suit individual requirements and specifications. Examples of these are shown in our Z line pedestal unit opposite.
- Spherical cartridge lubrication allows extra movement to handle flexing of the vessel hull.
- Flat, solid underside of the pedestal base affords the perfect surface for chocking compounds.
- Jacking screws enable simple alignment of bearings along the shaft.
- Inspection holes for in-place measurement of shaft axial position.
- Tapped holes for temperature and vibration sensors.