All work-related accidents are preventable
At every SKF facility, health and safety issues are paramount. Our people are our most valuable resource and safeguarding their health and safety is of the utmost importance. It is the right of every employee to having a safe and motivating work environment. Hence it is our responsibility as employer to protect our employees from work-related hazards and risks.
At the same time, it is also the obligation of every employee and manageres at all levels to act safely and react on unsafe behaviour. We the purpose of our safety managemement system is to:
- Make sure we have safe infrastructure (e.g. machines, workplaces).
- Make sure people are trained to work with within this infrastructure.
- Make sure managers and employees at all levels act and behave safetly: act what they have been trainged and comply with the rules we have established and agreed together.
Find out more in the following about how we work progressively to create a safe and healthy work environment:
How do we address occupational safety and health issues?
Accident rate for the SKF Group
2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 Accident rate for the Group 0.81 0.85 0.87 0.99 1.13 Rate of high consquence work related injuries 0.013 0.013 - - -
The Accident Rate for the Group is calculated using the formula:
Accident rate = R x 200,000 /H
where R = number of recordable accidents, and H = total hours worked
2018 2017 Work related fatalities 0 0 High consquence work accidents 5 5 Recordable accidents 319 324 First aid incidents 2,92 3,054 Near miss incidents 5,731 5,135 Worked hours (*200,000) 398 390
Did you know that...?
- Some two million people die every year from work-related accidents and diseases;
- An estimated 160 million people suffer from work-related diseases;
- An estimated 270 million fatal and non-fatal work-related accidents occurred per year;
- 4% of the world's annual GDP is lost as a consequence of occupational diseases and accidents.