Two-bearing housings, PD series
SKF two-bearing housings were originally developed for fan shafts with an overhung impeller, but are also suitable for other applications with similar shaft arrangements.
Compared to the conventional shaft arrangement where two self-aligning bearings are mounted in separate plummer (pillow) block housings, two-bearing housings provide several advantages including improved running accuracy and quieter operation.
PD two-bearing housings can also be supplied as ready-to-mount units.
- Single row deep groove ball bearings
- Single row angular contact ball bearings
- Single row cylindrical roller bearings
Bearing dimension series
- 62, 63
- 72, 73
- NU 22, NU 3, NJ 22, NJ 23, NJ 2, NJ 3
Shaft diameter range
- 25 to 120 mm
Typical shaft-bearing combinations
- On a stepped shaft with bearings on a cylindrical seat
- Felt strip
- Oil lubrication (optional)
- Grey cast iron
- Four-bolt mounting
Compliance to standards
- Not standardized