Standardized boundary dimensions
- the bore diameter (d)
- the outside diameter (D)
- the width or height (B, C, T or H)
- the chamfer dimensions (r)
The boundary dimensions for metric bearings are standardized in the ISO2) general plans:
- ISO 15 for radial rolling bearings, except insert bearings, some types of needle roller bearings and tapered roller bearings
- ISO 104 for thrust bearings
- ISO 355 for tapered roller bearings
Most rolling bearings follow ISO standard dimensions, which is a prerequisite to enable interchangeability.
For thrust bearings, height series are used instead of width series. Height series are numbered 7, 9, 1 and 2.
Bearings to ISO general plans have the same boundary dimensions when they share the same bore diameter and dimension series (fig 4). If not, they have different boundary dimensions.
Bearings with inch dimensions
- 1)ISO uses T.
- 2)For details on how to obtain relevant ISO documentation, refer to ISO - International Organisation for Standardization.