Thermal camera TKTI 21
Easy to use thermal camera simplifies machine inspections
Maintenance technicians and experienced thermographers can quickly and easily detect troublesome hotspots with the user-friendly SKF Thermal Camera TKTI 21. With a thermal detector of 160 x 120 pixels and a visual camera, the TKTI 21 is suitable for many mechanical and electrical maintenance inspection applications. A wide temperature measurement range of –20 to +350 °C (–4 to +662 °F) makes the TKTI 21 suitable for many proactive maintenance programmes.
- Visual and audible temperature limit alarm function alerts the user to abnormal conditions.
- Automatic hot and cold spot cursors quickly pinpoints the extremes in a scene.
- Up to five moveable temperature cursors/areas with individual emissivity settings for analysing complex scenes.
- Temperature difference of two cursors can be displayed on screen enabling quick and easy temperature comparisons.
- Isotherms, temperature gradients and area analysis boxes for advanced scene analysis.
- Built-in emissivity tables allow easy emissivity value setting.
- Eleven selectable colour pallets for ease of use.
- Fully radiometric thermal and visual images are stored on the micro SD card provided.
- Images can be voice annotated for later reviewing with the PC software.
- Video output function allows the live image to be shown on an external display, useful when showing to a group of people.
- Supplied with two standard camcorder batteries and an independent charger, enabling a long field usage time.
- Rugged construction and, with an IP 54 rating, enabling use almost anywhere.
- Comprehensive PC software suite for an unlimited number of users enables advanced image analysis and professional report writing.
Technical data Designation TKTI 21 Performance Thermal detector (FPA) 160 x 120 uncooled FPA microbolometer Display 3.5 in. colour LCD with LED backlight, 11 colour palettes, thermal or visual Image Thermal sensitivity NETD ≤100 mK (0.10 °C) at 23 °C (73 °F) ambient and 30 °C (86 °F) scene temperature Field of view (FOV) 25 x 19° Spectral range 8–14 microns Theoretical spatial resolution IFOV 2.77 mrad Measureable spatial resolution IFOV 8.31 mrad Accuracy The greater of ±2 °C or ±2% of reading in °C Focus Manual, easy turn ring, minimum distance 10 cm (3.9 in.) Visual camera 1.3 Megapixel digital camera Laser pointer Built-in class 2 laser Frame rate and image frequency 9 Hz Measurement Standard mode –20 to +350 °C (–4 to +662 °F) Measurement modes Up to 4 movable spots. Up to 3 movable areas and 2 movable lines (maximum, minimum and average temperatures). Automatic temperature difference. Hot and cold spots. Visual and audible alarms. Isotherms. Emissivity correction User selectable 0.1 to 1.0 in steps of 0.01 with reflected and ambient temperature compensation.
Emissivity can be individually adjusted on each cursor. Emissivity table of common surfaces built-in.
Image storage Medium 2 GB Micro SD card Number Up to 10 000 images on Micro SD card supplied Voice annotation Input via built-in microphone for up to 60 seconds clip per image Software Included SKF TKTI Thermal Camera suite. Comprehensive image analysis and report generation software compatible with TKTI 21 and TKTI 31, Free updates available on SKF.com Computer requirements PC with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or above Connections PC connection Mini USB connector for image export to PC software (Cable provided) External DC input 12 V DC Input connector (DC Charger not provided) Video output 1 x Mini-jack output for live image viewing (mini-jack to video cable provided) Mounting Handheld and tripod mounting 0.25 in. BSW. Battery and power Battery 2 x 14.8 W, 7.4 V standard camcorder Li-ion batteries. Rechargeable and field replaceable Operation time Up to 4 hours continuous operation with 80% brightness Power adapter External 100–240 V, 50–60 Hz AC battery compact charger with Europe cable, USA, UK and Australian plugs Charging time 2 hours and 45 minutes Complete system Contents Thermal camera TKTI 21 with 2 x batteries; AC Battery charger; Micro SD card (2GB); Mini USB to USB connection cable; Mini-jack to video connection cable; Micro SD card to USB adapter; CD containing instructions for use and PC software; Certificate of calibration and conformance; Quick start guide (English); Carrying case. Carrying case dimensions (w x d x h) 105 x 230 x 345 mm (4.13 x 9.06 x 9.65 in.) Weight (incl. battery) 1.1 kg (2.42 lb)