84013 / 84013A
Lincoln small grease reservoir filling filter
The Lincoln small grease reservoir filling filter was developed to minimize contaminants entering the automatic lubrication system during the ill process of smallersized reservoirs. Part of SKF’s family of grease filtration products, the filling filter helps to ensure the system starts the lubrication process with clean grease.
The small grease reservoir filling filter is installed as an inline component in the reservoir’s supply line. The filling filter can be mounted away from the reservoir for easier access. As grease enters through the inlet, it goes through the filter and then exits into a hose connected to the grease reservoir’s fill port. As the filter element becomes clogged, the unit’s clogged indicator pin starts to retract, signaling filter cleaning is required. If the clogged filter is not cleaned, grease will vent safely to a catch container.
Most contamination of grease happens prior to or during the ill process. The method of using the ill port with a small grease reservoir filling filter is recommended instead of removing the reservoir lid and filling from the top.
Features and benefits:
- Greatly reduces abrasive contaminants from entering the lubrication system and potentially damaging system components or machine bearings
- Lowers maintenance costs due to repairs resulting from contamination
- Positive indication when filter element becomes clogged
- Vents safely to a catch container when the filter is clogged
- Simple to install
- Quick and easy-to-clean filter element
- Increases system reliability and machine uptime while reducing total cost of ownership
- Can be used with any progressive or single-line system that uses a smaller-sized reservoir