Crank and balance shaft
The crankshaft is one of the most important parts of the engine. Crankshaft support bearings take all the pressure generated by the engine power stroke.
The main technical demands for the crankshaft bearings in two and three wheelers applications are:
- Crankshaft accurate guidance resulting from limited radial and axial clearance value.
- Heat transfer resistance from engine combustion chambers
- Protection to support engine oil solid and chemical contaminants
- Long service life in terms of rolling contact fatigue resistance
- Structural fatigue resistance (outer ring) due to housing deformation
SKF has developed and supplies a wide range of crank and camshaft bearing designs for two and three wheelers engine applications.
Bearing with improved metallurgy
SKF has developed the crankshaft bearings with special surface treatment to enhance the wear resistance
Hybrid bearing for crankshaft application
Hybrid bearings have higher speed capabilities and provide longer service life
Compact and integrated sealing solutions
SKF has developed new sealing solutions to prevent the contamination
Integration of mechatronics
Integrated into the bearing unit is a high quality sensor which can communicate a range of data
Optimized bearing solution
Bearings are optimized by increasing ball size and by making inner or outer ring thicker or thinner