- should be relubricated regularly to achieve their full service life, even if the initial grease fill still has its full lubricating properties
- used in applications where there are light loads, relatively low speeds and clean surroundings can operate for long periods before relubrication is required
- that operate under contaminated and damp conditions at high speeds or at temperatures > 70 °C (160 °F) require more frequent relubrication
- without a cage (full complement of rollers) require more frequent relubrication
Cam followers can be relubricated via ducts inside the stud. Depending on series and size, there are up to three positions for relubrication (fig. 1):
- Positions 1 and 2 can be fitted with the grease fitting supplied with the cam follower.
- Position 3 should be used when relubricating via ducts in the adjacent components.
- For detailed information about the positions → product table.
- For cam followers, sizes ≥ 35, positions 1 and 2 can be connected to a centralized lubrication system (→ Accessories).
- Positions not used for relubrication should be closed by a grease fitting or a plug (→ Accessories).